PDA

View Full Version : The fastest way to farm exp, and when to level up.

lexinator
10-02-2009, 12:05 AM
I keep seeing this question asked over and over again in game.

The fastest way to get XP is to run a quest 4 times on Normal, once on Hard and once on Elite. This is not the most fun way, but if leveling speed is what you are after, this will do it for you. If the quest is not a super fast run, stick to NNNHE.

The fourth time you run it on Normal you will have a small XP penalty, but that isn't too bad if the quest can be ran fast. This small XP penalty leads to a lot of people doing the N/N/N/H/E run, or the less popular E/E/E/H/N run. The latter takes much more time, for a small increase in XP, so it's not worth it if you are going for max XP/hour.

As to when you should level up.... This is up to you. If you don't mind the grind of XP farming, then do not overlevel yourself. You should be at most 1 level higher than the adventure you are running. Otherwise you will take an XP penalty. If you don't mind taking the penalty, just level up and enjoy yourself.

Hopefully this will clear up the Gen chat for something else.

Quick guide to level 8 for VIP:
Do these in the following order:

Information is Key
Kobolds new Ringleader
Waterworks
STK
Tangleroot
Deleras

Gratz, you are now level 8 or higher if you followed the fast but boring 4xN,1xH,1xE guide.

Quick guide to level 8 for F2P:
ALL Korthos isle quests, but first you need to get out asap to get your level sigil in Stormreach. Do everything 1x Norm and head out.
Run WW or Durks for your Sigil.
Once you get it, back to Korthos.

Finish the Korthos quests on NNHE.
Don't level past 3. You should be close to 4 by now.

Walk the Butcher's path
Level to 4.
Waterworks
Irestone Inlet
Level to 5
The Depths quests
You should have enough to go to 6 now, take it.
Mirra's Sleepless Nights
Caged Trolls
Gladewatch Outpost Defense
Level to 7
The Tear of Dhakaan
Gwylans Stand
Stormcleave

You are now 8. Fast, but boring.

Feel free to add suggestions on fastest way to level up.

scidude
10-02-2009, 12:08 AM
You may be shooting yourself in the foot if you run normal 4x with the F2P content, because you WILL have repeat quests a lot at some point. You won't just be losing the base exp, but the portion of the exp multiplied by getting more exp for optionals and the bonuses for vandals/trap removal/monstercide.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-02-2009, 12:14 AM
You may be shooting yourself in the foot if you run normal 4x with the F2P content, because you WILL have repeat quests a lot at some point. You won't just be losing the base exp, but the portion of the exp multiplied by getting more exp for optionals and the bonuses for vandals/trap removal/monstercide.

The maximum XP you can gain from repeating a quest is achieved by going N/N/N/H/E as indicated. There is no better way to improve the base xp you can get of of the quest. Obviously to truly maximize you do options while doing that.

scidude
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
The maximum XP you can gain from repeating a quest is achieved by going N/N/N/H/E as indicated. There is no better way to improve the base xp you can get of of the quest. Obviously to truly maximize you do options while doing that.

No it's not the maximum exp. It might be the maximum rate, but it's not the total maximum.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
No it's not the maximum exp. It might be the maximum rate, but it's not the total maximum.

Ok, lets see your math of how you can get more XP out of a quest than doing it in the order suggested. Any other order generates less XP in total.

norm (no penalty, +25%)
norm (no penalty)
norm (no penalty)
hard (no penalty, +25%)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

So show me how you can do better than 5 runs at full base XP.

Asketes
10-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Level 1 - 0K
Level 2 - 5K
Level 3 - 20K
Level 4 - 50K
Level 5 - 90K
Level 6 - 140K
Level 7 - 200K
Level 8 - 270K
Level 9 - 350K
Level 10 - 440K
Level 11 - 550K
Level 12 - 660K
Level 13 - 780K
Level 14 - 910k*

keep adding.. sry didnt finish the math

Example:

you are level 3, you can keep your exp until 89,999 exp. then you will cap until you take lvl 4, and then you will be 1 exp way from lvl 5.. you can keep going that way untill cap, more or less

Jay203
10-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Ok, lets see your math of how you can get more XP out of a quest than doing it in the order suggested. Any other order generates less XP in total.

norm (no penalty, +25%)
norm (no penalty)
norm (no penalty)
hard (no penalty, +25%)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

hard (no penalty, +25%)
hard (no penalty)
hard (no penalty)
normal (no penalty, +25%)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

i win by a bit from base exp :D:D:D

scidude
10-02-2009, 12:44 AM

norm (no penalty, +25%)
norm (no penalty)
norm (no penalty)
hard (no penalty, +25%)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

What I'm talking about it more useful if you don't need to open up normal and even hard first. usually someone has already done the qust on normal, and often hard too. Ideal would be E, E, E, H, N. You are ignoring that on elite you get about a 20-25% base exp bonus for doing optionals, and the base exp is about that much higher.

So if you did it on normal, and it had 2 optionals, and it was 1000 exp base on normal, and you were doing all the bonus stuff for exp(traps, boxes, etc.), which can often add up to nearly 50% bonus.

1000 on normal, 2 optionals 100 exp, complete all the extras: 1800 exp
on elite: : ~2300 exp

1000 extra exp. on repeating twice.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-02-2009, 12:45 AM
hard (no penalty, +25%)
hard (no penalty)
hard (no penalty)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

Assuming you can open hard somehow, which the average new player couldn't.

Actually I suppose the max would be e/e/e/h/n

But if you don't have an 'openner' and you aren't VIP, n/n/n/h/e gives you the max

Edit: beat me by a few seconds...

What I'm talking about it more useful if you don't need to open up normal and even hard first. usually someone has already done the qust on normal, and often hard too. Ideal would be E, E, E, H, N. You are ignoring that on elite you get about a 20-25% base exp bonus for doing optionals, and the base exp is about that much higher.

So if you did it on normal, and it had 2 optionals, and it was 1000 exp base on normal, and you were doing all the bonus stuff for exp(traps, boxes, etc.), which can often add up to nearly 50% bonus.

But that's not a repeatable levelling technique, it requires an openner.

BLAKROC
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
excellents points.

normally I tell em not to be in such a rush and enjoy the game and learn it a bit before worrying about getting to higher levels.

scidude
10-02-2009, 12:51 AM

Who cares? It's maximum. It's pretty easy to find people with hard/elite enabled for everything this side of korthos.

sirgog
10-02-2009, 04:45 AM

EEENH or EEEHN does indeed offer more XP than NNNHE. The problem is, it takes quite a bit longer too.

Generally NNNHE offers the best XP/time ratio, except in some trivial quests where HHHNE is better.

lexinator
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Level 1 - 0K
Level 2 - 5K
Level 3 - 20K
Level 4 - 50K
Level 5 - 90K
Level 6 - 140K
Level 7 - 200K
Level 8 - 270K
Level 9 - 350K
Level 10 - 440K
Level 11 - 550K
Level 12 - 660K
Level 13 - 780K
Level 14 - 910k*

Example:

you are level 3, you can keep your exp until 89,999 exp. then you will cap until you take lvl 4, and then you will be 1 exp way from lvl 5.. you can keep going that way untill cap, more or less

Great info!

onethreeone
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Information is Key
Kobolds new Ringleader
Waterworks
STK
Tangleroot
Deleras

Gratz, you are now level 8 or higher if you followed the fast but boring 4xN,1xH,1xE guide.

Quick guide to level 8 for F2P:
ALL Korthos isle quests, but first you need to get out asap to get your level sigil in Stormreach. Do everything 1x Norm and head out.
Run WW or Durks for your Sigil.
Once you get it, back to Korthos.

Finish the Korthos quests on NNHE.
Don't level past 3. You should be close to 4 by now.

Walk the Butcher's path
Level to 4.
Waterworks
Irestone Inlet
Level to 5
The Depths quests
You should have enough to go to 6 now, take it.
Mirra's Sleepless Nights
Caged Trolls
Gladewatch Outpost Defense
Level to 7
The Tear of Dhakaan
Gwylans Stand
Stormcleave

You are now 8. Fast, but boring.

Feel free to add suggestions on fastest way to level up.

I would add in the Sharn Syndicate quest chain - all quests are fast, decent XP, and easily repeatable. Plus you get decent equipment for its level, and the Nicked weapons at the end.

It's been an easy ride to lvl5 going NNNHE on Korthos, Durks (to get Muckbane), Info, Leader, WW, and a couple of the quick solo quests in the Harbor. In fact, there's so much XP that I've had to run things a level behind just to fit them in (e.g. Durks @ 3, WW @ 4, Sharn @ 5, etc.)

Gremmlynn
10-07-2009, 08:23 AM
So I redo the same content over and over to grind my way to the level cap and then what? Is that where the fun starts? What exactally is the end-game content for this game that makes all that grinding worth my time?

From what I've seen so far it's just hanging out in virtual taverns showing off one's level 20 virtual leetness.

scidude
10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
So I redo the same content over and over to grind my way to the level cap and then what? Is that where the fun starts? What exactally is the end-game content for this game that makes all that grinding worth my time?

From what I've seen so far it's just hanging out in virtual taverns showing off one's level 20 virtual leetness.

Welcome to the MMORPG genre.

It's interesting that in PnP D&D, 99% of the fun is getting there. It's a game where you really don't want to get max level/best gear, cause shortly thereafter your character will be gone and you will be rolling up a new character.

WolfSpirit
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM

The fun is in the ride getting there. For some who have played for a long time, the fun is in each new build, which blossoms during later levels and since they've already been on the ride before...
For the new players that wish to grind so fast, it may be a small desire to belong to that group, or to become one of the powerful, or to just say they've done it. So the reasons vary widly depending on the individual.
Moral of this post?
Enjoy this game YOUR way. There isn't much worth getting to endgame that isn't worth waiting for and enjoying the ride to get there.

lexinator
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the MMORPG genre.

It's interesting that in PnP D&D, 99% of the fun is getting there. It's a game where you really don't want to get max level/best gear, cause shortly thereafter your character will be gone and you will be rolling up a new character.

Not if you have a good DM.

After 20, you get to epic levels.
Epic spells + epic feats = awesome.

Who can resist killing gods, hunting down god-killers, artifacts that can change the planes, etc, etc.

This is why I play DDO. When it goes epic (and it will, we're getting there) we should have some super fun quests, and since it's all instanced, they can have destructible environments, plane hopping, time travel, etc, etc.

scidude
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Who can resist killing gods, hunting down god-killers, artifacts that can change the planes, etc, etc.

This is why I play DDO. When it goes epic (and it will, we're getting there) we should have some super fun quests, and since it's all instanced, they can have destructible environments, plane hopping, time travel, etc, etc.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/monty-hall-problem-doors.jpg

Gremmlynn
10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
If all the fun is getting there then the mechanic of repeating the same quest several times in order to do just that seems, to me anyway, to be a rather odd design concept.

onethreeone
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM

You do see the title that says "Fastest way to farm XP", correct? Obviously this thread isn't for everyone, nor should everyone be forced to play this way. Feel free to leisurely level with groups that focus on fun over speed, set a goal to finish every quest at least once on a level-appropriate setting, etc.

Now granted, you're kvetching about the apparent lack of end-game content, but many others took it as a slam against this thread and I wanted to nip that in the bud.

shinmade
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
If all the fun is getting there then the mechanic of repeating the same quest several times in order to do just that seems, to me anyway, to be a rather odd design concept.

My perception of the OP is that he wants to show how to maximize the XP you get out of a quest, not define how the game itself should be played. DDO caters to many different types of players and the points of view here are mostly for players looking the make the most xp for the time invested.

Many players are casual and just want to get the hang of things at their own pace, enjoying the building process. Others focus on the endgame as their top priority, so getting to the higher levels as fast as possible is their objective.

arminius
10-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Here's an example of how it would be useful even for a newbie:

1. You don't start to get a surplus of items / money really until levels 8-9-10. When you reach those levels you no longer have to live hand to mouth and you can start saving a bit, which is a relief. You can also use your gains to bankroll a new character.

2. By level 10, you can go back and solo a lot of the low end quests you missed, and build favor to where 1750 is in easy reach. Getting to 1750 gets you the rights to 32 point builds.

Now take your bankroll and your right to a 32 point build, and start the character you really want to play (or several of them!). Now, with these new characters you can take all the time and care you want, to enjoy and stroll and smell the flowers, pretending that you don't remember that your journey is subsidized by the character who was just in it for the fast filthy lucre.

_

Nariko
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Information is Key
Kobolds new Ringleader
Waterworks
STK
Tangleroot
Deleras

So this has been refined to 3xN, 1xH, 1xE instead of 4xN. Got it. But any indication of when to level up? I'm level 5 now for instance. I did WW, STK, and Deleras once each all on normal except STK I did on hard. Should I go back and fill in the 3xN, 1xH, and 1xE gaps? At level 5 maybe it's not worth going to WW anymore?

Gremmlynn
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Here's an example of how it would be useful even for a newbie:

1. You don't start to get a surplus of items / money really until levels 8-9-10. When you reach those levels you no longer have to live hand to mouth and you can start saving a bit, which is a relief. You can also use your gains to bankroll a new character.

2. By level 10, you can go back and solo a lot of the low end quests you missed, and build favor to where 1750 is in easy reach. Getting to 1750 gets you the rights to 32 point builds.

Now take your bankroll and your right to a 32 point build, and start the character you really want to play (or several of them!). Now, with these new characters you can take all the time and care you want, to enjoy and stroll and smell the flowers, pretending that you don't remember that your journey is subsidized by the character who was just in it for the fast filthy lucre.

_So, fast forward through the content with a character I really don't want to play in order to see the details (as I already know the main points) with a less challenging character that I've twinked to hell and gone.

Sorry, still don't see the point.

I'd be more inclined to finnish the game at a pace that allows me to do it again with nothing but my filthy rags and the rusty weapon Jeets gave me. But hey, to each their own I guess.

shinmade
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
But hey, to each their own I guess.

Bingo !

Thurok
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Make the game as boring as possible, in order to be done with it as soon as possible.

Maybe if you've played for 3 years and are done with the game but don't know it yet. But why you put this in advice for new players I don't get.

Gremmlynn
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Make the game as boring as possible, in order to be done with it as soon as possible.

Maybe if you've played for 3 years and are done with the game but don't know it yet. But why you put this in advice for new players I don't get.Thank you.

shinmade
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Maybe if you've played for 3 years and are done with the game but don't know it yet. But why you put this in advice for new players I don't get.

Sorry for reiteration, but not all new players are coming to stop and smell the roses on their way to the endgame.

Nariko
10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Because the OP said he gets asked a lot from new players what is the fastest way to exp. So here it is. Love it or hate it. It's merely answering a question that to you is a dumb question. Don't flame the OP. :)

rimble
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Based on the OPs comment about 'clearing up general chat', I would assume he feels this is a request that is made frequently by new players. Your objections, then, should be with the players that want to play this way, and not the OP who is just trying to answer their questions. Regardless, it's none of your concern.

I've known people that have played through those long and intricate Final Fantasy games by just reading through a cheat guide and following it verbatim, but that doesn't matter to me. Why should I care? Why should you?

Play and let play.

Shamurai
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I totally agree the fun is in the getting there. So, I'm not really looking to get to 20 as fast as I can... along the way I want to
~ Acquire cool kit
~ Meet and kill WITH a few friends
~ Find outfits to match my dazzling green eyes...
~ Bust head and chew bubblegum and they don't have any bubblegum
~ Explore all the areas.. and yes actually read the quest updates!
~ Try different builds and not just uber leet toons
~ Buuut try some uber leet toons for some uber cool raiding.
~ Learn how to use MOUSE LOOK while playing LOL
~ Build a virtual reality helm that keymaps my brainwaves so I don't need my keyboard.. just think Fireball the noob mobs and WHAMO it happens...
~ And lastly I think Conan the Barbarian said it best about what is best in life
" Crush Enemy "
" See them driven before you "
" and hear the lamentation of their women "
FOR JUSTICE! of course.

ahpook
10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
hard (no penalty, +25%)
hard (no penalty)
hard (no penalty)
elite (no penalty, +50%)

I thought they got rid of the bonus for being under level. Other than first time bonuses, N, H, and E give the same XP to the same level character. In that case NNNHE would give the same XP as EEEHN or HHHNE. You get the 3 first time bonuses only. Additionally, NNNHE is more likely to work with your leveling so that you do not go more than 1 level over the quest level and get a penalty and N is easier than H or E so should be faster. I am sticking with the OP on the optimalacy* of NNNHE.

Level 1 - 0K
Level 2 - 5K
Level 3 - 20K
Level 4 - 50K
Level 5 - 90K
Level 6 - 140K
Level 7 - 200K
Level 8 - 270K
Level 9 - 350K
Level 10 - 440K
Level 11 - 550K
Level 12 - 660K
Level 13 - 780K
Level 14 - 910k*

Example:

In beta they changed it so you could only overlevel in XP by 1 action point (in XP) and not a full level (less 1 XP). Did that not make it on to the live servers? If it is in place then at level 3 you can only go to something like 58K XP before losing out on XP. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I just found out that the XP restriction was changed so my comment here is wrong.

* - I made that word up.

lexinator
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Based on the OPs comment about 'clearing up general chat', I would assume he feels this is a request that is made frequently by new players. Your objections, then, should be with the players that want to play this way, and not the OP who is just trying to answer their questions. Regardless, it's none of your concern.

I've known people that have played through those long and intricate Final Fantasy games by just reading through a cheat guide and following it verbatim, but that doesn't matter to me. Why should I care? Why should you?

Play and let play.

Exactly. But let them flame away if that is all they can do.
I am done with this thread. I post something that is asked about once/minute in Gen chat, or /Advice and I get flamed. Serves me right for trying to help, lol.

arminius
10-07-2009, 12:30 PM
So, fast forward through the content with a character I really don't want to play in order to see the details (as I already know the main points) with a less challenging character that I've twinked to hell and gone.

Sorry, still don't see the point.

I'd be more inclined to finnish the game at a pace that allows me to do it again with nothing but my filthy rags and the rusty weapon Jeets gave me. But hey, to each their own I guess.

I listed a way in which it can be useful for a newbie, not must be.

People can make of DDO whatever they like. If you knew the amount of time some players have spent just doing Hide and Go Seek or, I Wonder If I Could Jump To That, or Let's See If We Can Get Over The Invisible Barrier and See If Anything Lies Beyond (answer: you can and there is), you'd fall out.

Some people would never do that. Some people only do that. Some people do role playing all day. Some people never have. Some people run only permadeath. Some people never would. Some people care about PvP, and some have never seen a minute of it. Some people think life begins at level 17 and do everything to get there as fast as they can. Some people reroll every character they have by level 8, and have been through 100 of them on every server.

People are different. One should learn that by kindergarten, but you know how education goes these days.

_

Thrudh
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Well said...

I've never understood the power-levelers... but I really really can't understand why a NEW player would want to power level...

Nariko
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I am done with this thread. I post something that is asked about once/minute in Gen chat, or /Advice and I get flamed. Serves me right for trying to help, lol.

Don't let the noobs get you down Lex. As a noob, I have come to enjoy your posts. Very helpful.

Nariko
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Well said...

I've never understood the power-levelers... but I really really can't understand why a NEW player would want to power level...

It's the Beholders. All the ads show this and people are eager to kick an ugly ball of teeth with eye tentacles around. I know I am.

shadowlord3
10-07-2009, 12:37 PM
My oldest son hates to repeat quest, my youngest has to stop everything and level as soon as he has gained enough xp for the next level. I prefer to do all quest n/h/e, repeat quest like durks on normal until I get the special item I'm looking for and to wait right before I will be xp capped before leveling. When playing with the kids this does not happen :) So we do everything hard/elite and move on to another quest and normally reach level 8 with 2 weekends of playing.

My point here is there are many methods to leveling fast but it can also be done while having fun. If it is fun for you to go NNNHE with a few selective quests and then return later and do the quest you skipped for favor at no xp that works too. There is so much XP in the game now, everyone should be able to cap out at level 20 without ever doing something they do not want to. :) Have Fun!

OzmarDDO
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Drool! I certainly hope so!

I have only made it to level 6, but I am already eagerly anticipating the future...

-Ozmar the Excited Newbie

whysper
10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
scidude was correct in that you are talking about something akin to maximum XP rate on a curve, not maximum XP.

How do you achieve more XP from repeating than you do from N/N/N/H/E? You go N/N/N/N/H/E.

Chaos000
10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Well said...

Different playstyles due to different motivations.

Casual?For one person their motivation might be playing cooperatively with others in a unified group and using teamwork to overcome a challenge. The enjoyment is in what some might call the journey, irregardless of success or fail.

((Challenge + Teamplay = Enjoyment)) <- In this model, the more you detract from the challenge and/or teamplay will determine exactly how much a person enjoys their game time.

Common Issue:The casual disregard for success or failure often translates into co-dependant gameplay that forces others to put out more effort and resources to ensure success. (example: healer without wands, figher without potions, etc.)

Power Gamers?On the opposite end of the coin, the person may be motivated by a more faster paced gameplay that helps offset the grind. The enjoyment is in the more tangible end result.

((Effort + Resources + Time spent < Accomplishment = Enjoyment)) <- In this model, if the accomplishment is significantly overshadowed by the time and effort it took to succeed in a quest, there will be little to no sense of enjoyment in the game. Resources spent translates into the time/grind needed for a "loot run" and if the quest results in failure, it's 0 accomplished for all the time and energy spent.

Common Issue:Lack of teamplay can often result in a breakdown of communication necessary to foster good relations with people that help keep the game running.

It's not that particular playstyle is necessarily superior to another. It's just that people are wired differently and enjoy the game for different reasons. Throw them in a group together and one side will say that they hate zergers that run ahead while other members of the party are still trying to catch up and the other side sill say they hate underequipped gimps that are more of a hinderance than a help in the quest/raid.

CSFurious
10-07-2009, 01:23 PM
that channel started to hurt my head so bad that i destroyed that window

my head feels better now

anyway, good advice OP

Therigar
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM

Sry to come in on thread late.

Wouldn't you get more XP by N/H/E/E/E since base XP is higher on both hard and elite?

Running N/N/N/H/E would be safer since the 3 normal runs are less dangerous. But doesn't taking 3 elite runs give you more total XP?

maddmatt70
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I am guessing this information is more for free to play players who have access to less content, but wouldn't it be faster to just do normal, hard, elite? NHE.

Therigar
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Assuming you can open hard somehow, which the average new player couldn't.

Actually I suppose the max would be e/e/e/h/n

But if you don't have an 'openner' and you aren't VIP, n/n/n/h/e gives you the max

But, anyone can run normal to unlock hard, hard to unlock elite, then elite 2 more times. You don't take the repetition penalty first time in on any level and both base XP and bonus XP are more on elite by virtue of the quest being a higher level.

So, optimal is still N/H/E/E/E even if you need to run it in that sequence -- or it should be.

Thrudh
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Different playstyles due to different motivations.

Casual?For one person their motivation might be playing cooperatively with others in a unified group and using teamwork to overcome a challenge. The enjoyment is in what some might call the journey, irregardless of success or fail.

((Challenge + Teamplay = Enjoyment)) <- In this model, the more you detract from the challenge and/or teamplay will determine exactly how much a person enjoys their game time.

Common Issue:The casual disregard for success or failure often translates into co-dependant gameplay that forces others to put out more effort and resources to ensure success. (example: healer without wands, figher without potions, etc.)

Power Gamers?On the opposite end of the coin, the person may be motivated by a more faster paced gameplay that helps offset the grind. The enjoyment is in the more tangible end result.

((Effort + Resources + Time spent < Accomplishment = Enjoyment)) <- In this model, if the accomplishment is significantly overshadowed by the time and effort it took to succeed in a quest, there will be little to no sense of enjoyment in the game. Resources spent translates into the time/grind needed for a "loot run" and if the quest results in failure, it's 0 accomplished for all the time and energy spent.

Common Issue:Lack of teamplay can often result in a breakdown of communication necessary to foster good relations with people that help keep the game running.

It's not that particular playstyle is necessarily superior to another. It's just that people are wired differently and enjoy the game for different reasons. Throw them in a group together and one side will say that they hate zergers that run ahead while other members of the party are still trying to catch up and the other side sill say they hate underequipped gimps that are more of a hinderance than a help in the quest/raid.

Fun little explanations above, but I still don't understand why NEW players would want to level as quickly as possible by running 15 quests (out of 200+) over and over...

Power Gamers?On the opposite end of the coin, the person may be motivated by a more faster paced gameplay that helps offset the grind.

But it isn't a grind the FIRST time through!

jsaving
10-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't you get more XP by N/H/E/E/E since base XP is higher on both hard and elite?

Implicitly, what's being discussed here is the experience-point analogue to DPS. And because one can proceed so much more quickly on normal than elite, N/N/N/H/E will garner higher "EPS" than N/H/E/E/E.

Sir_Chonas
10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, cuz everyone wants more Earnings Per Share . . . . erm I mean experience per second.

Therigar
10-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Fun little explanations above, but I still don't understand why NEW players would want to level as quickly as possible by running 15 quests (out of 200+) over and over...

Because the really good stuff comes from the higher level quests. Once a character hits L16+ they can go back and pretty much solo all the L8 and under quests. Plus, the value of the loot in high level quests is much higher. So funding additional characters is easier.

The quests that are the most fun are the raids. These also produce the most loot.

Lastly, once at high levels it is much easier to go back and clean up low level content for favor -- unlocking 32 point builds and favored soul.

The only real downside to the guide is that it stops at L8. The levels from 8 to 12 are the hardest for a number of reasons.

Sir_Chonas
10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
There are other forum guides that give further EXP levelling guides. In fact there's one that nearly mirrors this one (aside from the NNNHE debating) over in the non new player advice forums.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=166779

Which links to the definitive and wonderful http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122746

Thurok
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Play and let play.

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but spare me the ignorance of claiming it doesn´t matter to me, and is none of my concern.

I bought Tanglewood Gorge, i was glad when a party formed for it, all level 5's. I was suprised when we were to run it on normal.

Then I was caught up in a bunch of players rushing, splitting and not waiting a second for anyone, one part we just stood there while someone ran to the end. I caught flaming when I moved forward, which was the only pleasant experience of said party. At least I had an ally, another new player who also found this ridicolous. Lamest MMO experience ever, and a concern to me regarding my will to spend further money on this product.

Why don't you go run baal runs in Diablo II, it's the pinnacle of your playstyle.

Nariko
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
You are still missing the point. This thread initially was from the OP to the new players who ask him what the fastest way to level up is. No more no less. Saying you don't like it doesn't concern the OP or the people who are asking.

Yurtrus
10-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry for reiteration, but not all new players are coming to stop and smell the roses on their way to the endgame.

When will you people realize/understand that there IS NO ENDGAME. If you are not here to build characters, destroy characters, run quests thousands of times and not get bored doing it, then you might as well leave. We play the game, smell the roses cause we love the game and concept of being our actual character. Playing that character with the insight and tactics we would use in the event that is was actually us in the game. We take that knowledge and then redesign characters that are better, more solo able. It does not bother us that our level does not read TWO ZERO.

There is no end game for us people, until they shut off the servers. Can't you people understand that? Maybe if you did, you might understand why we say the things we say. This game has been here for 4 years without you. It's not going to die due to player base. It's going to die when management pulls the plug. So don't think for a minute we NEED YOU.. Yes the game needs players, money, content.. every little bit helps.. But making everything available and losing out on goals and achievements OTHER then leveling to 20 is not going to make people stick around.. It is going to make them play 15 hours a day until they reach level 20 and do the raid. It did not matter to them that they offered nothing to the group, or built someone elses build they found on the forums. All that matters to them is they finished it.

That is not the game I want to play.. I have spent 4 years here developing my toons, making them optimal and useful to the group. That is what this game is about.

muffinlad
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM

Lex,

Speaking as a 3+ year vet, who does like to stop and smell the roses...please don't stop helping.

Your answer was concise, well thought out, non-accusitory, offered discussion and clearly stated it's purpose, all the while attempting to help people.

We need more posts like this, not less. You are always going to get people, from all walks of life, and all parts of the spectrum, that feel what you have posted attacks the very core of their beliefs/creed/playstyle. Addressing them as you have, the first time, makes sense. They will either listen and understand or continue to argue. If the arguements keep up, that is what the ignore feature is for.

muffinstuff

Feylina
10-07-2009, 04:18 PM
i use the following to level quite quickly

Korthos norm to get set items (usually only on melee. +2 to hit with pathfinders or angers is huge)

Info
Dirks
Butchers
Ringleader
Lighthouse
WW
Explorers to finish off a level (yet with the new xp it's usually not needed)

Tangleroot
Deleras
Stormcleave (rarely)
Gwylan's
Tear

This should put you well on your way to 10.

Xorian farm, Von 1-4 usually finishes it off

shinmade
10-07-2009, 04:18 PM
When will you people realize/understand that there IS NO ENDGAME.

You need to relax man. All I have been saying is that the game allows for multiple play-styles to be viable, it all depends on what you enjoy. For you to come here all high and glorified expecting me to agree that your point of view is the definitive way of playing DDO is simply ludicrous.

Some of us enjoy making a character and perfecting him up to what I call the current end-game: Shavarath, The Tower of Despair and +4 tomes. The thrill I felt after pulling a +4 wisdom tome on my healer was beyond anything I have experienced in the extended period we had to wait for this new content.

Sir_Chonas
10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Lex,

Speaking as a 3+ year vet, who does like to stop and smell the roses...please don't stop helping.

Your answer was concise, well thought out, non-accusitory, offered discussion and clearly stated it's purpose, all the while attempting to help people.

We need more posts like this, not less. You are always going to get people, from all walks of life, and all parts of the spectrum, that feel what you have posted attacks the very core of their beliefs/creed/playstyle. Addressing them as you have, the first time, makes sense. They will either listen and understand or continue to argue. If the arguements keep up, that is what the ignore feature is for.

muffinstuff

QFT

Though the prevailing attitude in the forums seems to be "If I don't agree, I had better kill it with fire." Instead of offering suggestive improvements or saying "gee I'd never thought of it that way."
(notice the red box next to my name. . . came from one post in which I tried to assist new players in the new player forum to form groups efficiently).

Chaos000
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I bought Tanglewood Gorge, i was glad when a party formed for it, all level 5's. I was suprised when we were to run it on normal.

Then I was caught up in a bunch of players rushing, splitting and not waiting a second for anyone, one part we just stood there while someone ran to the end. I caught flaming when I moved forward, which was the only pleasant experience of said party. At least I had an ally, another new player who also found this ridicolous. Lamest MMO experience ever, and a concern to me regarding my will to spend further money on this product.

Sorry for your experience.

Personally for me, tangleroot is a grind for deathward clickies. Faster successful completion time means a higher volume of goggles and one less need to run the quest over again. The challenge for me is to beat the previous time (11 mins?). If I only had an hour in a half to play, ideally that's about 7-8 runs. If time's not really that big of a factor, so long as it didn't take an hour in a half for a single run I wouldn't mind it every so often especially if I knew I was running something with someone that was completely new to this quest.

Pick up groups are a mixed bag. In your case it appeared that some of the players assumed it was a speed run, while others would have much rather play the level through. At that point it's up to the leader to set the tone of what type of game play is expected. I wish there was something in our grouping interface that allowed for filtering of people's playstyles to lay it out on the table.

- limited time frame - unlimited time frame
- do optionals - skip optionals
- cooperative play - self-sufficient play
- no stress success/fail - fail not an option

zealous
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I keep seeing this question asked over and over again in game.

The fastest way to get XP is to run a quest 4 times on Normal, once on Hard and once on Elite. This is not the most fun way, but if leveling speed is what you are after, this will do it for you. If the quest is not a super fast run, stick to NNNHE.

Good tips all, would just like to add that some quests can be done so quickly that going 8NHE or 8ENH is beneficial.

ringleader, garrisons, lighthouse(recovering lost tome), durks, cerulean save the farm q.
info isn't as good as it used to be seeing as you rarely make it past the grates nowadays, the run to the quest giver also adds a hefty amount of time.

Stealthy repo can also be done fast if you know how to, personally I have problems getting it below 4-5mins so not as good as the good ones.

Then again you need to know the others to run em fast, for some I don't know if running without invis will result in too much DA.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
10-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but spare me the ignorance of claiming it doesn´t matter to me, and is none of my concern.

Why don't you go run baal runs in Diablo II, it's the pinnacle of your playstyle.

You don't know what you are talking about. In that, I mean you don't know the quest and that fact is leading you to say this. If you knew the quest you wouldn't say this.

The quest is a huge fortress. Go ahead and enter part 2 and don't free the captives, and instead go around and clear the whole place. Get all 8 or 9 chests, kill all the mobs and come back and tell me if it was worth it.

Now, consider that you enter that place to complete a 9 part quest chain.. tell me.. what sense does it makes to not run it?

It's either 45 minutes to an hour in a group that knows it to get the end reward. Or 45 minutes to an hour times 9, your way.

whysper
10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. In that, I mean you don't know the quest and that fact is leading you to say this. If you knew the quest you wouldn't say this.

Unexpected reply. I enjoy nothing more than running new quests the very first time, rare as it is nowadays. Nothing wrong with not wanting to rush it.

If the group intends to zerg, they should note so in the LFM or at the very least before starting.

yawumpus
10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
long-term players rant and rave that 8-level (and higher) characters are missing phat gear and need to carry at least 100k plat worth of pots at all times. Good luck getting that with this scheme. I also have to /sign the various pleas to stop and smell the trogs.

My list (which should be buried deep enough to prevent spoilers) for anyone on a server they haven't unlocked veteran status on:

Do *all* of Korthos, and get all the gear. Korthos throws good gear at you will only slowly replace (I tend not to replace the anger's set until the 9th level heavy fortification item from relic). Run cannith crystal at least 10 times (get both DR bracelets and 8 or so aid bracelets, +10hp and bless: yes, please!). Run collaborator until it stops giving you xp (doing the same to the storehouse isn't a bad idea either). Get what you need from hostages and reclamation, go over misery's peak and get out. [also note that while there is no penalty for taking level 2, there is a 10% penalty on all Korthos quests (except misery) on normal for level 3]

Ransack haverdasher (good xp and 2 chests for 1 fight). Learn to use the auction house. Buy a weapon (or two) or lesser reptile bane. Buy some armor. Figure out that you will have to settle for stuff with an ML a notch or two higher than "the good stuff". Ransack ringleader of xp (Nxmany,H,E) run WW [remember WW is important for Harbor vendor prices, something unfinanced lowbies need to think about]. Follow more standard progression now, but think about getting that first coin lord favor, especially if you have access to either STK or Sharn.

Seriously guys, ignore the loot and wind up with a gimped toon. Finishing the various gets good loot, but these lists look suspiciously like they are suggesting farming the individual parts to powerlevel. Works when you've put your time in, not so good for new toons.

Bahgs
10-27-2010, 09:28 AM
*Necromancer casts: Raise Thread*

*Spell is successful*

Ttip
10-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I just made my first run on a payed for adventure pack...STK on a visitor pass...it was awesome and even though I was lost most of the time...lol...I enjoy running new environments more than running the same quest multiple times. My highest level toon is a 4/1 fighter/rogue on Orien...named Curahee... but I have completed every f2p quest on korthos or the harbor at least once and most of the marketplace up to level 6 quests. I am so enjoying the adventure that the rush to level is not even an issue. If you like the slow method of exploring to level rather than rushing to get there....look me up in game. Just dont expect me to want to run more than N/H/E on any one adventure regardless of the xp gain by running each one 5 or more times per toon. I am sure that the upper levels are exciting and it might be nice to have so much power...but for me the adventure is the reason for playing...not the end result of fast leveling. I think that the variety of puzzles, traps and encounters experienced by doing EVERYTHING available at least once AT or slightly higher than level, will make me a better team member when I finally reach the upper levels than if i just ran the same 7 or 8 quests repeatedly to get to level 15+...but I'm still new so I could be wrong....lol.

sirgog
10-29-2010, 01:14 AM

Just ignore them, block them, or report them for trolling (because that's blatantly what it is). Going into a thread "Guide to the Shroud" and posting "Why would you want to do Shroud, Gianthold is much more fun" once is just silly. Posting it five times is trolling.

Crysto
10-29-2010, 06:08 PM
To those saying the journey is the best part, I agree. However, what if you've made part of the journey so many times you want to kill yourself?

I've never made it past level 11 on a character because I have the hardest time finding groups once I reach mid-level. I have done low level stuff on so many characters that none of it is new or interesting or exciting. So I want to blow through the low level stuff into the mid level stuff because that part of the game isn't fun anymore. Running quests that optimize exp/time is great when you want to get somewhere, and that somewhere doesn't have to be level 20. I'm sure many others find themselves in a similar situation, especially if they are altoholics.

I'd consider myself a new player even though I've played on and off for a year simply because I've never made it beyond the most basic house quests, so this advice is still solid for new players.

zrandrews
11-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Good stuff!
I think this will come in handy with one of my many alts, and for a friend of mine who is lamenting the time he has spent at L3.

Sometimes new players get frustrated and eager to level, I know I did. This is a good way to grind that bump in power to see higher levels. Especially nice if you've been playing a lot of characters to level 3 or 4 and no higher, trying to get a feel for the class you might like or the way the character generation works.

again, good stuff. +1

Faerbaste
11-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Theres lots of different ways to play this game fast or slow. Theres no "right" or "wrong" way to play. The only aggro comes when people with different playstyles end up in the same group and a clash of cultures occurs.

It would help if people made their LFM's clearer about the way they intended that particular group to play that particular quest. One way to avoid a lot of this aggro is to join a guild that caters to your particular playstyle.

I think the OP's original post was a good answer to the particular question he was answering. I also think a number of the other posts also made good points about different ways to approach the game. There is nothing wrong with discussing different ways to play, as long as everyone remembers that there is no "correct" way to play.

vive la différence!

Rightousdude
01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I find it amusing when someone complains about how someone else chooses to play the game, and says you should play like me.
If you do not want to powerlevel, fine. There are roleplaying guilds, permadeath guilds, and once a week static groups.
If someone wants to reincarnate a geared up toon to get a benifit, they do not want to rerun quests.
It's just a game to kill some time.

Domfig
01-22-2011, 07:04 AM
This thread comes back from the dead more times then Jacoby Drexelhand.

yawumpus
01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
*Necromancer casts: Raise Thread*

*Spell is successful*

[evil laugh]BWHAAAAHHAAHAHA[/evil laugh]

What can I say? XP/minute is such a basic foundation of DDO that checking this thread every new character creation seems pretty basic. My only regret is that it got derailed. I doubt the mods would be crazy about me trying to cut and paste only the first part of the thread in some kind of de-threadjack censorship.

Broldin
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM

Not true, e/e/e/h/n gets more xp.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Not true, e/e/e/h/n gets more xp.

1) This is a necro thread and predates the ability to open initially on elite
2) If you kept reading you would see that this was discussed and I specified I was talking generally levelling, without having an opener who had already done n/h

psikick
01-27-2011, 04:57 AM
So many stupid people. And some really good replies to them. Maybe someone wants to level some of those levels quickly but not all of them? The flamers do realize that part of the advice can be used?

The reply of running some quests/level so many times he wants to get past it as quick as possible to get to new stuff is great. I am in that situation, done the low level ones many times because I played for a year when the game first came out and had to quit.

The OP did a great job and he gets flamed for it, unbelievable. Yes, enjoy the ride, there is always a let down when I reach endgame for every game I have ever played. I solo'ed a Hunter to L60 in WoW, fun ride, but the endgame was completely boring. I don't know why anyone plays that game at max level. You stand around and do nothing most of the time in raids. I quit after a couple weeks and because the endgame sucked so bad I wasn't even tempted to create new characters. At least it's fun to group in this game which is more than I can say for most.

I didn't find camping in Everquest too stimulating and no solo. Ever see a mile long train? Final Fantasy is practically non-soloable and not that much fun to group. Asheron's Call 2 seemed dead to me, beautiful but unliving, like a painting. Asheron's Call 1 was good, until the death penalty stole everything it took a year to accumulate. The first year AC was released was great, then they tweaked all the fun out by the end of the year and decided that we were paying to be punished. In the first build you could camp a chest in a dungeon and you never knew what was in it every time you opened it, it would reset after a while.

Ultima Online was fun the first year. I'll never forget something in that game. It was only a couple weeks after release (the first MMO) and evidently there was a beta for quite a while (didn't even know what a beta was then). These 2 guys were walking down the road while there was chaos going on all around, about 30 people trying to kill each other. They were carrying crossbows so nobody attacked them, beta vets, probably had vanquishing on the bows. One says to the other, "Ah, the good old days."

Enjoy the ride folks, the good times never last.

Falco_Easts
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM

True. Some like to miss 95% of the game.

BoolZ
01-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Not all new players are level 1. I capped my first toon last week, and still think I'm really new. That said I've been through each quest up to lvl 14 or so, quite a few after that. I want to get back to that level with a new toon.

For double Shrouds.

To fix what I messed up on my first toon without TR'ing so I can't run any Shrouds.

Because I think the idea of running a quest for no experience or worth while loot isn't as fun as at least getting a level, and there's still some content past Gianthold that I missed. In fact I've been to Amrath exactly twice for a total of maybe 20 slayers, and I don't think I've ever been to the Inspired Quarter.Shroud is the only raid I've run.

I solo'd mostly up to the Vale. Then I started PUG'ing, found I like PUG'ing, made a new character, and found out I hate PUG'ing and watching people go the wrong way in a quest I've done a bunch. If we're gonna be lost that's fine. Let's be lost as a group, but don't get upset that I don't want to be lost if I know the way.

All of those I think are great examples why it's ok, and I want to, race right up to level 8+ as fast as I can. Still being a new player though guides like this are great on how to get that done.

orranmargath
04-22-2011, 05:24 AM
well i just learned what necro'ing a thread is the other week, figured this would be a good place to do it on purpose

to comment on the ORIGINAL TITLE, great tips for a quick lvl up, thanks i needed to level a toon fast to help my guild, this worked well.

to comment on all the other babbling...
yes, farming a quest for loot is usefull, yes farming a quest for xp is usefull, doing one with out the benifit of any of the other.. also usefull. i do all three, but..
when i want to get something done, i tell people, so don't criticize the ability to zerg because you don't want to..DO scream at inconsiderate players who do it without telling you that what they want to do.

out of all the games i have ever played, DnD is the most versatile for play style, and DDO does a supreme job of carrying that into the mmo world,

my troll:
for all those playing for the endgame: This is an RPG, the end is death, why you in a hurry to die?

Raiar
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Not true, e/e/e/h/n gets more xp.1) This is a necro thread and predates the ability to open initially on elite
Yet the OP explicitly talked about running E/E/E/H/N, so clearly it didn't pre-date the ability to do so.
"the N/N/N/H/E run, or the less popular E/E/E/H/N run. The latter takes much more time, for a small increase in XP, so it's not worth it if you are going for max XP/hour."

All this arguing over what's the best way to play is ridiculous. I'm a newcomer who hasn't run everything dozens of times before, so I'm throwing away the majority of XP I get just because I want to run every quest, and repeat it until getting the elite favor (and occasionally additional times if it has particularly good loot or a PUG is looking for an extra person). At least in the first few levels that I've played so far, a N/H/E run on every quest at level will provide significantly more XP than it takes to level up, and since it looks like the higher levels have a lot more quests, I expect that to continue in spite of the higher XP requirements for higher levels. With my completionist playstyle, I have no use for maximizing XP gain, but that's hardly a reason for arguing with people who provide info to players who do want to maximize it.

Even if I'm not one of them, I know that a great many players want to level quickly. Whether that's because they've played through certain levels too many times to still be interested in them or just because of a personal preference for a fast-leveling playstyle, they should be able to exchange info on how to achieve their goal without arguments from people saying they should have different goals.

for all those playing for the endgame: This is an RPG, the end is death, why you in a hurry to die?
I do like that line, though. Is it ok for me to quote it in my sig?

mws2970
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Yet the OP explicitly talked about running E/E/E/H/N, so clearly it didn't pre-date the ability to do so.

This thread has more lives then a cat! And btw, the OP was from 2009 and was WELL before the ability to open elite was granted to VIP.

dragonmark13
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I have a lvl 8 rogue who im having trouble lvling faster now since i am lvl 8. would the N/N/N/H/E still work for me but on the higher lvl quests?

Myriam
06-02-2011, 08:32 AM
It lives again!

fluffybunnywilson
06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I have a lvl 8 rogue who im having trouble lvling faster now since i am lvl 8. would the N/N/N/H/E still work for me but on the higher lvl quests?

Yes.

Honestly, just running N/N/N/N gives a bunch of XP. There are even some quests where the XP bonuses that you can get make running N/N/N/N/N/N/N/N/N worthwhile if you're just looking at a straight up XP/minute rate.

That happens because the XP penalties and bonuses are all added to the base XP and not multiplied by each other. If you run a quest that has 1000 base XP and you get a -90% penalty for repetition, but you also get +10% for all members surviving and +10% persistance bonus and +25% onslaught bonus and +15% ransack bonus, then you end up with
1000 XP
-90% = -900 XP
+10% +10% +25% +15% = +60% = +600XP
Total = 700 XP

When you consider the fact that you're getting a -90% XP repetition penalty, that 700 XP for running the quest is pretty impressive.

Stitch78
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Zombie thread. Will not stay dead. Cannot vorpal - has no head.

It will not die. So do not try. Just accept it it - not a lie.

No forum silver or pure good. I would lock it - if I could.

~jradnut
06-02-2011, 10:43 AM
That is all...

Staengia
02-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I really hate disturbing the dead here, but has anyone looked at what the better scheme is with regard to Bravery and streak bonuses?

DavionFuxa
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM
With a PUG, the correct Scheme is 'Elite Once, Next Quest'. If you want to run a quest again for experience, remember it, and set up a LFM a few quests down the road to do it on Elite again. Don't bother trying to run quest on Hard or Normal unless your in the high levels and doing quests to flag for Shroud or ToD, etc.

With friends, guild mates, other TRs and likely minded individuals - it would be Elite. From there depending on how fast you completed the quest and how difficult it was to do, you need to decide what the correct scheme is.
If you had difficulty or found it went slow then run it Hard or Normal three times. Finish off with the other difficulty.
If you didn't have difficulty or if your party just flew through the quest, Elite two more times. Finish off with Hard and Normal respectively.

No real point in looking in a fixed scheme because a lot of new equipment has come out since 2009, ship buffs, and so forth. This has changed the difficulty of many quests so some quests really are nothing on Elite.

Osharan_Tregarth
02-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I really hate disturbing the dead here, but has anyone looked at what the better scheme is with regard to Bravery and streak bonuses?

Here's the one I've been pointing people to. It pretty much matches what I've been running for my serial TR's, with a few exceptions.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=349114

MrWizard
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
i always tried when possible to do elite once and done. I cannot understand the nnnn/h/e thing at all.

I always level as soon as I can so I can get better gear and get to higher level dungeons. I do not understand the 'hold back' thing either.

go go go, but have fun and enjoy your gear.

Aaxeyu
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
i always tried when possible to do elite once and done. I cannot understand the nnnn/h/e thing at all.

I always level as soon as I can so I can get better gear and get to higher level dungeons. I do not understand the 'hold back' thing either.

go go go, but have fun and enjoy your gear.

The "nnnn/h/e thing" was relevant before bravery bonus. It was simply a very effective way to level quickly. What is so hard to understand?

The reason to hold back on leveling is simply because quests and exp are not even spread throughout all levels. Higher level does not mean higher exp.
Again, what is so hard to understand?

killerzee25
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I think now the best bet for farming is E/N/N/N/H So that you retain your bravery bonus and still get the old no penalty for repetition for hard