PDA

View Full Version : Robes

toord
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
hey there,

After reading through the "consensus of items" thread going around, I'm still wondering:

1. What's the best available robe for wiz/sorcerers? Is it still the blue scale one?
2. Given that getting the best is probably not very likely for most players, what robe is the "best" as an every-day, work-horse that gives you that "wear it and forget it"? Thx.

Peace.

Oreg
02-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Fearsome of Improved False Life
Deathblock of Moderate or Heavy fort
Deathblock or Fearsome with Magi

Shade
02-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Best .. hard to say, most robes are situational.

My favourite overall is the Emerald claw robe - wiz6, greater spell pen6, nightshield lvl14 1x
Silver flame one is nice as well..
But yea these aren't really available to most players..

Dragon robes are good alternatives
Black is great for its +2 evocation focus
Blue for its greater arcane lore, spell pen7

Other good named one is the antitheisis.. couple lesser gards + greater stability.

I carry almost all of those and switch when appropriate.

juniorpfactors
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
robe of the magi is nice

Arnya
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Quicksilver cassock FTW

Means I can wear con/str/fort/ff rings, head of good fortune, kardins eye/boots of the innocent :)

And it looks HOT!

Oreg
02-15-2008, 08:19 AM
I still put the Quicksilver Cassock on when I am bumming around town - it does look hot!

Ridag
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Robe of the Magi is a great general use robe. It is not *that* hard to obtain considering it drops on Vol side of LotD (Mentau side also). It is a really easy way to get a spell pen 7 item that you do not have to hold in your hand.

The emerald claw or silver flame robes would require you to defeat that abbot, so that is out of reach for most players. If not all players at this point, who is even attempting the abbot anymore?

The blue dragonscale robes are nice if you don't have a Skiver. Not exactly the easiest robes to get either though, and the repairs are a pain especially with the new death penalty.

For random drop robes Deathblock, Heavy Fortification, Fearsome (which I hate), and various resists are all decent mods.

toord
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Thx for the responses.

I do have a Magi Robe, but it doesn't have deathblock which is only essential against them damn beholders. The Deathblock I have has SR(15) which is kind of low for vale stuff, but have a SR(19) belt to help in that regard. And after doing 4/5 vale quests + vale slayer and loot, I can say that the Orchard is pretty rough place and LotD is just ridiculous. And my sorc hates undead ... and undead hate him ... so I usually find myself clicking on "accept" to rez spells. Not going there anytime soon regardless of end rewards/chests :D