PDA

View Full Version : Offline Character viewer

GovtMule
07-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I know you can go to a website and veiw your WoW character. (build, skills, equipment, etc.) I also know they are a little freer with their code, allowing users to create mods and macros.

Would it be even possible to view a DDO character when not in-game? I would love it but more importantly, my work would HATE it! :D

tihocan
07-12-2007, 01:05 PM
That would be cool. Though not really offline :p

GovtMule
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah, I "hemmed" and "hawed" over the "offline" thing, too. As IRL I would be the *first* guy to correct someone of that. :p

Quillion
07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I have often said that this would be great. Also, a way to printout your character along with an equipment list. That would rock for planning.

WolfSpirit
07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Though it's not exactly your character, you can download Rons character planner. Then you can tweak and re-roll and replicate all day long, all you want. And its printable...

Ziggy
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
this is brought up every so often. However considering the problems they had updating the PVP leader board and the character icon display on these forums, i dont think its a good idea for them to try.

Sojourner
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
this is brought up every so often. However considering the problems they had updating the PVP leader board and the character icon display on these forums, i dont think its a good idea for them to try.

LOL - I was all set to put some sort of /signed type comment to this request until you brought that up Ziggy.

I want it. Not sure they have the technical expertise to implement it.

Ziggy
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
LOL - I was all set to put some sort of /signed type comment to this request until you brought that up Ziggy.

I want it. Not sure they have the technical expertise to implement it.
and people say i dont speak negatively about turbine.:eek:

Lcdr_Swizzle
07-12-2007, 02:15 PM
It would also be awesome to have the game, even if only while in game, allow you to print out a character sheet, just like the one used in PnP. It would be fun to take this character into some PnP, even tho they won't be able to bring any xp or gold or nothin' back into the game.

A print out of bank items would be nice, to help organize who has what. I have 7 (or 8?) characters and sometimes, it's hard to remember where something is.

Just some thoughts ...

GovtMule
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
The inventory alone would make my DDo life a lot smoother.

Just today, I was cleaning up one character and noticed she had two muckbanes on her. wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a new character that doesn't have one yet. But thats just me being scatterbrained. :confused:

Sojourner
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Here is the kind of things I'd love to see for DDO.

Most of these tools are 3rd party creations for Anarchy Online, but they're friggin incredible -

Character lookup (http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Sojo) - Searchable by server, class, level, guild, etc
In-game item database (http://auno.org/ao/db.php) - Searchable by just about any field you can think of
Inventory Display (http://frellu.net/ia/) / Example (http://frellu.net/gfx/ss_7.jpg) - Gives you a list of all your characters and what they have in the bank, in their backpacks, or being worn on them.
Character Profiler (http://www.halorn.com/chprofiler.html) - Saves character sheets as html files.
An IRC chatprogram that lets you sit anywhere on the internet and chat with people that are in the game

I'm a huge packrat. And with 10 characters, I have a lot of ratcrap in my packs. Sat down the other day and wrote down what I had in my banks, to see if any of my alts could use something someone else had. 189 items.

SamSneak
05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
/signed

honkuimushi
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM
/signed

I bow in the presence of a true master of Necromancy.

On the other hand, Ziggy's comments were earily prescient. Their second try at character signatures failed almost as pitifully as the first. I shudder to think how an offline character viewer would turn out.

Borror0
05-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Would it be even possible to view a DDO character when not in-game?
LOTRO players can (http://my.lotro.com/), so I assume it is only a matter of time/funds.

Their second try at character signatures failed almost as pitifully as the first.
They work great on LOTRO... maybe a day or two of delays to update... but nothing major.

Monkeytoe
05-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I know you can go to a website and veiw your WoW character. (build, skills, equipment, etc.) I also know they are a little freer with their code, allowing users to create mods and macros.

Would it be even possible to view a DDO character when not in-game? I would love it but more importantly, my work would HATE it! :D

/signed

Ghirmeshk
05-23-2009, 12:45 PM
/signed

moorewr
05-23-2009, 01:06 PM
They've already written the code (take a look at myLotRO). /signed.

mhorn
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Why not have a "Planner Import" feature as well. When you build your character in the planners, you can import it into the game. they allready have "pre made paths". Why not let us make our own paths and still do the "one click level up" and even get the enchancements and such.

Dexxaan
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
/signed.

Work would hate it.... **** I better make sure I'm the only DDO player in the hospital!

branmakmuffin
05-23-2009, 02:01 PM
LOTRO players can (http://my.lotro.com/), so I assume it is only a matter of time/funds.
But you're forgetting that Turbine hates DDO and its players.

They work great on LOTRO... maybe a day or two of delays to update... but nothing major.
OP is /signed.

Shaamis
05-28-2009, 10:58 AM
But you're forgetting that Turbine hates DDO and its players.

OP is /signed.

I /sign too, but the problem DDO has vs. LotRO has is:

DDO=Studebaker+Packard-Bell (Outdated and can't be upgraded)
LotRO=Toyota+Jeep (Lean, mean, and capable of doing anything)

.........but what DDO CAN DO, is give us more character slots so at least we can help newer players level up while all of our capped characters are waiting to get off of timer.

I have 10 characters, all capped, I have re-rolled capped characters at least 5 times, and re-rolled other characters NOT capped at least 20-25 times.

Please, for the love of DDO, let your loyal players do what they do best; level up, and assist others in leveling up.

Sirea
05-28-2009, 11:00 AM
The closest thing we have is the Crafting Planner, I have all my raid timers in there so I can see who's off timer before I log on, and so I don't have to switch between characters checking timers.

Tharlak
05-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I love this suggestion.

I'm sure I've signed it before but I will

/signed it again.

Devastation
06-02-2009, 10:52 AM

GovtMule! Whats up man?

Oh and =====> /sign

Hafeal
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I always thought it odd that a game "built" on character sheets had no way to give you a paper version to print and hold.

As always, this is a great idea whose time was at launch and it continues to be a disappointment that it is not included.

GovtMule
06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
GovtMule! Whats up man?

Oh and =====> /sign

Waitin' to get out of work and into some monster killin' as soon as I can, brother! :D