03-23-2006 until 03-24-2020
Forum Guidelines and DDO Code of Conduct
The following are basic rules of conduct that users of Dungeons & Dragons Online® Forums, My DDO, and the DDO Compendium (the "Community Sites") are required to adhere to.
Failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination ("banning") of your Community and/or game account. Because every situation is different, all moderation of the Community Sites is at the discretion of the Turbine Community Team. These rules are subject to change without notice; please review them regularly.
1. While participating on the Community Sites, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community. To this end you may not harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members or Turbine staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Name-calling or other insults
- Posting or commenting with the intent of provoking ("trolling") another user or users
- Flaming another user for their spelling or grammar
- Bringing disagreements with someone into unrelated threads or blog posts/comments
- Creating a thread, post, or comment on any of the Community Sites that calls out another player(s) for their actions in the game
2. You may not use, distribute, or spotlight, or post links to sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, nationally, ethnically offensive content or language, or other content deemed inappropriate at the discretion of the Turbine Community Team.
3. Profanity is prohibited on our Community Sites. In addition, you may not deliberately misspell, or substitute punctuation or other special characters in, filtered words to circumvent any profanity filters of the Community Site you are posting on.
4. You may not impersonate any Turbine, Inc. employee, past or present. This includes the use or modification of the Turbine logo as a My DDO avatar.
5. You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws, or regulations.
6. You may not market, promote, advertise or solicit products or services for sale or trade within the Community Sites. You may not post advertisements for websites that are not directly related to Dungeons & Dragons Online.
7. You may not form or participate in groups whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies.
8. Making short posts for the sole purpose of moving your thread up the Forums ("bumping") or adding to your post count is not allowed. The sole exception to this is in the marketplace forums where informative bumps (i.e., "the vorpal cupcake has been sold") are allowed.
9. You may not abuse the Forums Reputation System. This includes posting requests for positive reputation or other means of “farming” reputation, targeting an individual or group for negative reputation, or any other means of artificially influencing your Reputation or another user’s.
10. You may not upload or transmit copyrighted material without the express consent of the copyright holder.
11. You may not post the personally identifiable information of another user, including but not limited to their real name, address, phone number, email address, or links to personal websites without the express consent of that user.
12. You may not re-post Private Messages on the Community Sites without the express consent of the sender.
13. Discussion of religious or political topics is prohibited on the Community Sites.
14. Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team.
15. Please do not respond in kind to posts that violate the Community Guidelines, as this may result in disciplinary action against your own account. Report the post to the moderation team for review by using the appropriate link:
- On the forums, use the Report Bad Post function by clicking on the exclamation point icon (!) on the post
- On My DDO, click on "Report this post"
- On the Compendium, click on “Report Article”
Abuse of the Reporting System is prohibited.
16. Users are entitled to one primary Community account for posting on the Community Sites. Players who are found posting from more than one account may be asked to declare a primary account and posting privileges will be removed from all other accounts. Secondary accounts created for the purpose of trolling or otherwise violating these Community Guidelines may result in the permanent ban of any and all associated Community and Game accounts, at the Turbine Community Team's discretion.
17. We do not publicly discuss moderation decisions, or disciplinary actions taken against members, on the Community Sites and we ask that you do not either. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. are subject to removal and may result in further disciplinary action.
18. Users must not violate, or promote the violation of, Turbine’s terms of service, codes of conduct or end user license agreements.
19. Posting the same thread to multiple forums ("cross-posting") without express permission of the Turbine Community Team is not allowed.
20. You may not post, repost, or link to any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to spoilers, screen shots, and videos.
21. You may not deliberately misrepresent yourself as another player or guild in your posts, linked images, or signature.
Violating the Community Guidelines or Code of Conduct can result in warnings or infraction points against your account.
Infraction points are both permanent and cumulative, although many infractions will automatically expire from “Active” status. The number of infraction points issued may vary according to the severity of the incident. Please note: Warnings are not counted against your maximum infraction limit.
Temporary and permanent bans will be automatically issued by the Infraction system when your account reaches the following thresholds:
- 10 Active points: 1 day
- 15 Active points: 3 days
- 20 Active points: Permanent
- A total of 2 infractions* (Free accounts): Permanent
- A total of 10 infractions* (Premium or VIP accounts): Permanent
The Community Team reserves the right to assign temporary and permanent bans at will based upon the severity of an infraction.
* Automatic bans based on the number of infractions take all infractions into account, regardless of their Active or Expired status. If an account was above the limit when this change was implemented (August 2010) it will be banned if any further infractions are issued against it.
All visitors to the Community Sites are logged by IP address. We may occasionally ban a user by their IP address. Further abuse by users who have been IP banned may result in an abuse report to the user's internet service provider.
If your Community account has been banned and you feel this ban is in error, ban appeals may be sent through http://support.turbine.com. (Choose the solution center for DDO.) Please include your Community account name in all correspondence.
The Turbine Community Team strives to foster the community by bringing you up to date information and administering the Community Sites with fair, impartial moderation.