Challenge Rules: The Lava Caves - Epic Colossal Crystals
Quick Start Guide
- Use the Kobold Miners to collect enough crystals to meet your quota before time runs out.
- Guide the Kobolds to and from the Foreman using special torches, and protect them from monster attacks! Place teleporters in the glowing rings to help your party and the Kobolds teleport to and from the Foreman!
- Discover the Progenitor Crystals and help your Kobolds haul them back!
- The monsters for this Challenge are meant for very experienced players! You must level 20 or higher to enter this Challenge.
- Epic Challenges offer alternate rewards to upgrade Challenge loot into it's Epic version!
Lead the Kobold Miners to crystals by laying down Incense Torches to form a path.
- Tip: Healing Torches work like regular torches, plus they also heal Kobold Miners who are near them.
The kobolds will collect crystals and take them back to the Foreman near the entrance.
- Tip: Barrels increase how many crystals one Kobold can carry. Place Barrels in the torch path and Kobolds will pick them up and equip them. A Kobold with multiple Barrels will make his best effort to fill the barrels before returning to the Foreman.
Monsters may attack the Kobolds while they’re working, causing the Kobolds to panic and run in circles.
- Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing red named boss monsters!
Help the Kobolds return to the Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- Tip: Place Teleporters near Kobolds who are loaded with crystals. Kobolds will use Teleporters to instantly travel back to the Foreman.
- Kobolds drop soulstones when they die, which you can return to the Foreman to resurrect them. But note that hiring more Kobolds is cheap, while resurrecting Kobolds is expensive!
- Green crystals are turned in by Kobolds to meet the quota, and increase your score!
- Purple Crystals are worth 10 of the Green Crystals. But be careful – Purple Crystals tend to explode if left alone for too long.
- You can use crystals to buy supplies from the Foreman. Remember that this subtracts from your quota!
- There are special Progenitor Crystals in the caverns - you will need to collect at least one to meet your quota.
- Progenitor Crystals are worth 100 Green Crystals! Picking up a Progenitor Crystal also gives you 2 more minutes on the clock!
- Kobolds are especially vulnerable while carrying Progenitor Crystals.
- Progenitor Crystals won't fit through any teleporters!
- Help the Kobolds return to the Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- The Foreman can sell you additional Kobold Miners, Incense Torches, Healing Torches, Barrels, and Teleporters, as well as various useful items from the DDO Store.
Monsters may also attack and kill the Foreman. A dead Foreman can’t sell you supplies!
- Tip: Tourist Tonic can be purchased from the DDO Store. It will return you to the Foreman instantly.
Circles of Power
- There are Circles of Power scattered around the lava caves.
- Placing a Kobold Teleporter in a Circle of Power will cause it to turn into a two-way teleporter that allows you, your allies, and your Kobolds to teleport back and forth between that spot and the Foreman.
- Watch out! Circles of Power are big enough to fit monsters too, who will follow you through them!
- Note that Progenitor Crystals are too big to fit through any teleporter, even the Circles of Power.
Scoring & Star Objectives
You will earn points for the following:
- Collected crystals
Can you complete these objectives? For each blue star you earn you'll receive House Cannith favor!
- Collect one Progenitor Crystal
- Collect all three Progenitor Crystals
- Resurrect 12 dead Kobolds
- Do not disable any Security Wards
- Clear the Giant Encampment out of the Arena
NOTE: You must complete the first star objective (Collect one Progenitor Crystal) to receive experience & rewards from the Challenge.