Challenge Rules: Extraplanar Mining - Epic The Dragon's Horde
Quick Start Guide
- Use the Kobold Miners to collect crystals from the Dragon's hoard before time runs out!
- Protect your kobold workers from monster attacks and help your kobolds reach the Foreman with their crystal payloads!
- Watch out! A Spectral Dragon is lurking in the palace guarding his horde!
- The monsters for this Challenge are meant for very experienced players! You must be level 20 or higher to enter this Challenge.
- Epic Challenges offer alternate rewards to upgrade Challenge loot into its Epic version!
The Dragon's Hoard
- The Spectral Dragon, Auraxyllon, lurks somewhere inside his extraplanar palace, protecting his vast collection of crystals.
- Raid the palace with the Kobold Miners Union and extract as many crystals as possible before the time runs out.
- The deeper into the palace you delve, the more crystals you can find - but watch out! Auraxyllon can be in one of three places in the palace lying in wait for intruders.
Lead the Kobold Miners to crystals by laying down Incense Torches to form a path.
- Tip: Healing Torches work like regular torches, plus they also heal Kobold Miners who are near them.
The kobolds will collect crystals and take them back to the Foreman near the entrance.
- Tip: Barrels increase how many crystals one Kobold can carry. Place Barrels in the torch path and Kobolds will pick them up and equip them. A Kobold with multiple Barrels will make his best effort to fill the barrels before returning to the Foreman.
Monsters may attack the Kobolds while they’re working, causing the Kobolds to panic and run in circles.
- Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing red named bosses!
Help the Kobolds return to the Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- Tip: Place Teleporters near Kobolds who are loaded with crystals. Kobolds will use Teleporters to instantly travel back to the Foreman.
- Kobolds drop soulstones when they die, which you can return to the Foreman to resurrect them. But note that hiring more Kobolds is cheap, while resurrecting Kobolds is expensive!
- Help the Kobolds return to the Foreman to unload their crystals so they can go back to collect more!
- The Foreman can also sell you additional Kobold Miners, Incense Torches, Healing Torches, Barrels, and Teleporters, as well as various useful items from the DDO Store.
- Monsters may also attack and kill the Foreman. A dead Foreman can’t sell you supplies!
- Tourist Tonic can be purchased from the DDO Store. It will return you to the Time Foreman instantly.
- Green crystals are turned in by Kobolds to meet the quota, and increase your score!
- Purple Crystals are worth 10 of the Green Crystals. But be careful – Purple Crystals tend to explode if left alone for too long.
- You can use crystals to buy supplies from the Foreman. Remember that this subtracts from your quota.
- Rooms deeper in the palace tend to have more crystals, but at the risk of encountering the Dragon!
Scoring & Star Objectives
You will earn points for the following:
- Collected crystals
Can you complete these objectives? For each blue star you earn you'll receive House Cannith favor!
- Reach crystal collection quota
- Collect 300 Crystals above your Quota
- Defeat the Dragon Auraxyllon
- Allow the Foreman to be killed
- Slay 120 monsters
NOTE: You must complete the first star objective (Reach crystal collection quota) to receive experience & rewards from the Challenge.