Challenge Rules: Dr. Rushmore's Mansion - Epic Picture Portals
Quick Start Guide
- Find the wizard Rushmore and his four fellow outlaws. Assassinate them before time runs out!
- Unlock gates to quickly navigate to your target and extend your time.
- Defeat the phantasmal painting guardians to open teleporters.
- The monsters for this Challenge are meant for very experienced players! You must be level 20 or higher to enter this Challenge.
- Epic Challenges offer alternate rewards that can upgrade Challenge loot into its Epic version!
Assassinate Your Target
- The vile wizard Rushmore has retreated to a magical safe-house to relax with his no-good cohorts.
Infiltrate their Mansion and eliminate these outlaws before time runs out!
- Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing red named boss monsters!
- There are paintings scattered throughout the walls of the mansion.
- If you get too close to a painting, its eyes will glow red and phantasmal guards will appear to fight you.
- The painting will continue to spawn phantasmal guards until the next Gate is opened.
If you don't want to open the Gates, there are teleporters in front of the paintings that can be activated.
- Activating a teleporter will create a link to another teleporter somewhere else in the mansion. You may teleport back and forth between the two linked teleporters.
- Once two teleporters are linked, they can't be linked to any other teleporters.
- There is a chance that a teleporter fails to establish a link with another teleporter. Failed teleporters turn red, and can no longer be used to establish teleporter links.
- Hirelings, pets, and even the Older Time Foreman can be teleported if they are close enough to the teleporter when you activate it.
- Note that any enemies or phantasmal guardians nearby will follow you through the teleporters!
- Each Gate you open will extend your time.
- To open a Gate, you must obtain the associated Crest(s).
- The deeper you go into the mansion, the more Crests are required to open the next Gate.
Crests can be found by:
- Breaking furniture and containers
- Killing monsters
- Tip: You will also occasionally find Crests lying out in the open.
The Older Time Foreman
- In your adventures through the mansion, you may also find the Older Time Foreman. He’s been captured by the Outlaws!
- He’s offering a trade if you’ll help rescue him. You may sell excess time to him for temporary power-ups.
- Sell as much time as you like, but beware, it subtracts from your timer!
- Once rescued, Older Time Foreman will follow the last person to talk to him.
- Older Time Foreman will follow you through picture portals so you can buy the right power-up from him at the right time and place.
Scoring & Star Objectives
You will earn points for the following:
- Monsters killed
- Gates opened
- Outlaw Bosses killed
Can you complete these objectives? For each blue star you earn you'll receive House Cannith favor!
- Defeat at least one of the bosses of Rushmore's Party
- Open all the sealed gates
- Defeat the other bosses
- Sell two minutes to the Foreman
- Do not let enemies go through teleporters
NOTE: You must complete the first star objective (Defeat at least one of the bosses of Rushmore's party) to receive experience & rewards from the Challenge.