Hello again, adventurers! I am Kruz, a Reincarnation trainer, and I’m here to walk you through the needed steps to undergo a Reincarnation! To begin your evolution, you’ll need to complete a few steps before you can be reborn.
Phase 1: Prepare your current body!
Each type of Reincarnation is available for different character types and may sometimes have pre-requisites, such as being high enough level or having access to 32-point builds. You’ll need to meet any pre-requisites and must also acquire a Druidic Heart of Wood, the component I need to perform my ritual upon you! A Lesser Reincarnation, the most basic type, is available to characters of any level or class. For other types of Reincarnation, check the Heart of Wood description to make sure you meet the pre-requisites. It is also very important to speak with your class trainer to level up prior to Reincarnating. All currently available Druidic Hearts of Wood can be acquired from the DDO Store, though it is also possible to find some Druidic Hearts of Wood as part of special events or game mechanics. For example, True Hearts of Wood can be acquired from Misty, an Agent of the Twelve, in exchange for Epic tokens.
Phase 2: Prepare Your Future Body!
When the ritual is complete you will be born anew, ready to face the challenges of Xen’drik with a chance to redo many important decisions! What you take with you to the other side depends on the type of Reincarnation you are undergoing. It is a good idea to do the following prior to a Reincarnation:
- If you were thinking about a change of hair color, you may want to wait until after you Reincarnate. You'll have the option to change your looks when Reincarnating, and you won't get to keep any exclusive hair colors or styles.
- Avoid Reincarnating with a full backpack; try to leave room in your bags to make inventory management easier during the process.
- Don't use long-lasting buffs, such as XP bonus potions, as they won't carry over into your new life.
- Make sure you have spoken with your normal class trainer to advance to the next level if you have enough XP to do so (if you're ready to level, you'll see a blue icon in the upper right corner of the screen and your XP bar will be blue).
Phase 3: Speak with Kruz
You’ve met any requirements. You’ve obtained a type of Druidic Heart of Wood. You’ve properly prepared your body for your new life. Now you’re ready to undergo a Reincarnation! Speak with me, Kruz the Reincarnation trainer, to begin the Reincarnation process. I can be found in the House Jorasco enclave atop the garden at Coldwake Pond (look for the leaf symbol on your map that says “Reincarnation Trainer”). I will guide you through the process, explaining what will happen. Important things to note include:
- The Reincarnation process is not reversible!
- Your character will show as level 1 in the character selection screen once you accept a Reincarnation. You must enter the game with the character to continue the Reincarnation process and be returned to your proper level.
- The features your character will keep, gain, or lose depend on the type of Reincarnation you are undergoing. Be sure that you understand the features of the type of Reincarnation you have chosen! You can see a comparison in our Reincarnation Comparison Guide.
Once you have confirmed that you are certain you would like to Reincarnate your character, type the character’s name in the confirmation box and accept. You’ll receive a confirmation message that you’re ready to Reincarnate. Log out of the game to the character selection screen, and next to your character’s name you’ll see a button that says “Reincarnate.” Until you actually press the “Reincarnate” button next to your name, your character will not Reincarnate and can log in normally. You may also exit out of the character generation screen as well if you change your mind during the process. I like to offer this safety net in case you aren’t quite ready for me to sacrifice your remains to my tree (maybe you forgot to collect an end reward from a quest?). Once you press the “Create” button at the end of the character generation screens, however, your journey in your new life is underway with no turning back. If you’re really sure you’re ready to begin your new life, press the “Reincarnate” button next to your name, enter the character’s name to confirm, and enter the game. Warning: Once you press the “Create” button at the end of character generation, you will begin the Reincarnation and cannot back out of the Reincarnation process!
Phase 4: A Better You
Congratulations! By Reincarnating, you have chosen to purge your weaker form to make room for a new, better you! You’ll be taken to the character creation screen, where you may customize your character by selecting your race, class, abilities, feats, and skills.
|From a level 20 halfling monk...||through character customization...||into a level 20 halfling monk with reconfigured stats!|
Rebuild Your Life
Perhaps you’d like to be even stronger than you were in your previous life, or more dexterous. You may redistribute your ability points during a Reincarnation, and some forms of Reincarnation can offer extra ability points to give you an advantage you didn't have before in your old life! You will also have the opportunity to change many things about your character, such as their looks, skill point distribution, feat selection, and more. Undo mistakes of days past or try something you've always been curious about -- the choice is yours! Despite all these changes, you will retain your character's level and even your gear!
Your New Life Once you have completed your training you are ready to return to Xen'drik with your reinvented body. Should you desire to pay a visit to help me feed my Tree again... I mean... to help you Reincarnate again, you must wait until the one week cooldown timer is completed. You may Reincarnate as many times as you like, however, as long as a week has passed between them. I will continue to expand the types of Reincarnations I offer to further suit different needs (and further benefit my precious Tree).
Types of Reincarnation
There are several types of Reincarnation, each offering different benefits that appeal to different needs:
Lesser Reincarnation allows you to retain your level and your equipment. It is a good choice if you’re interested in any of the following:
- Changing around your skills, feats, enhancements
- Redistributing your starting ability points
- Changing the way you look
Greater Reincarnation offers all of the same benefits of a Lesser Reincarnation, and will also upgrade a 28 point Adventurer character to a 32 point (non-drow) Hero character, as long as you have already unlocked or purchased 32 point builds from the DDO Store. This is a good choice if you’d like to upgrade one of your original 28 point build characters to have more ability points
+1 (and more) Reincarnations
These types of Reincarnation allow you to change a level of your character’s class to a different class. The number after the plus (+) indicates how many class levels you may change. They are available in Lesser and Greater versions. These are an excellent choice if:
- You’d like to eliminate levels that you multiclassed
- You’d like to try multiclassing with an existing character
- You’d like to gradually change your character to be a different class without starting over
True Reincarnation allows you a fresh start as a more powerful character. You must start at level 1 again, and it requires a little more XP to level from that point on, but you gain several attributes and may change more about your character than the other types of Reincarnation. It is an excellent choice if:
- You’d like to upgrade a 28 point build to have more ability points
- You’d like to change your race
- You’d like to completely redo your character, including what class they are
- You like prestige and recognition for your accomplishments
- You’d like to gain extra perks for your character
More Reincarnation Information
I hope this information assists you with the journey into your next life. Still not sure which Reincarnation is right for you? Be sure to check out our Reincarnation Comparison Guide. You can see all available DDO Store offers by visiting the DDO Store Sales & Promotion page!
- KNOWN ISSUE: Items in Artificer Iron Defender or Druid Animal Companion equipment slots can be lost upon reincarnation (Lesser, Greater or True.) Players should make sure to remove gear from their companion/defender’s inventory prior to a reincarnation.